An employee must complete an Employee Leave Request Form whenever he or she wishes to take the following types of leave:
• Floating Holiday
• Jury Duty
• Military Leave
• Family Medical Leave (FMLA)
• Personal leave without pay
1. Leave request forms must be submitted as far in advance as possible. At aminimum the leave request form must be submitted seven (7) days prior tothe planned leave of absence and within three (3) days after an unplannedsick leave.
2. Sick leave of three (3) days or more in duration, must be accompanied by anote from the employee’s physician indicating the reason for the absence,medical certification of the employee’s inability to work and if applicable, anywork related restrictions following the return back to work.
3. The employee’s Supervisor/Manager must sign the Employee Leave RequestForm before the form is submitted to the Payroll Office for processing.
• Exempt Employees - submit approved Leave Request Form to the PayrollOffice.
• Non-Exempt Employees - Attach a copy of the form to your time sheet andsubmit it to the Payroll Office.
1. To ensure the employee has the available amount of accrued leave, beforethe leave is taken by the employee. Please remember that accrued vacationand sick days can only be taken after the employee has completed six (6)months of employment.
2. To ensure that Leave Request Forms are approved and submitted to thePayroll Office as far in advance as possible. At a minimum the leave requestform must be submitted seven (7) days prior to the planned leave of absenceand within three (3) days after an unplanned sick leave.